Fast reloading lanes available.
The really long state.
Official home of the winter ski bunny.
So close to Washington you can smell it.
Senior citizen discounts available.
Come, enjoy the humidity.
The snow capital of the US.
Gateway to Florida.
Confederate money welcome.
Book 'em Danno.
Tom Selik, Jack Lord, Don Ho - Paradise!
Come, get lai-ed.
We don't care if you spell potato with an "e".
Land of a billion "eyes".
Gateway to Iowa
It's easy to spell.
Dole slept here.
There's no place like home.
Ya want flat, we got flat.
We're all related.
Gateway to Nashville.
Cancer Alley's just a name, and names will never hurt you.
You can spit on Canada from here.
Sure beats Canada.
Land of 10,000 Flakes.
Why would you want to come here?
Here's mine, Show Me yours.
We're better than Illinois.
We've got lots of 10'x10' shacks in the woods.
It's where you're wanted.
At least our cows are sane.
Go to Kansas, turn north.
2 words - Death Valley
3:5 you'll leave broke.
We have our own nuclear testing site.
About as exciting as Vermont.
Tell 'em Guido sent ya.
We have reservations
Alien Welcome Center - Roswell
We're more than a big city; we're a state.
Like we CARE about a motto.
English spoken here; sometimes.
We're bigger than South Carolina.
Proud polluters of Lake Erie.
We're easy to spell.
I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.
We're not named after a musical instrument.
You can see the sunset from here.
Free lube job with oil change.
Nobody famous came from Rhode Island.
Thank goodness we've still got Elvis.
A great fixer-upper.
See, EVERYTHING is bigger in Texas!
At least our sheep can't talk.
(Oui, ça date)
Your ethnically diverse global village arrives,
Nutritionally subsidize us at appropriate intervals
For ours is the interconnected global economy,
Just do it!
En attente de traduction
The following are actual stories provided by travel agents:
- I had someone ask for an aisle seats so that his or her hair wouldn't get messed up by being near the window.
- A client called in inquiring about a package to Hawaii. After going over all the cost info, she asked, "Would it be cheaper to fly to California and then take the train to Hawaii?"
- I got a call from a woman who wanted to go to Capetown.
I started to explain the length of the flight and the passport information
when she interrupted me with "I'm not trying to make you look stupid, but
Capetown is in Massachusetts."
- A man called, furious about a Florida package we did. I asked what was wrong with the vacation in Orlando. He said he was expecting an ocean-view room. I tried to explain that is not possible, since Orlando is in the middle of the state. He replied, "Don't lie to me. I looked on the map and Florida is a very thin state."
- I got a call from a man who asked,
- Another man called and asked if he could rent a car in Dallas. When
I pulled up the reservation, I noticed he had a 1-hour lay over in Dallas.
When I asked him why he wanted to rent a car, he said,
- A nice lady just called. She needed to know how it was possible that
her flight from Detroit left at 8:20am and got into Chicago at 8:33am.
I tried to explain that Michigan was an hour ahead of llinois, but she
could not understand the concept of time zones. Finally I told her the
plane went very fast, and she bought that!